|Date Last Updated: July 1, 2023|
Welcome to our website brought to you by Conair LLC and its corporate affiliates ("Conair," "we," "us" or "our"). We value our relationship with you and your privacy. This Conair Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information, including the personal information we collect online via our websites ("Sites") and offline when you interact with us or use our services, (collectively, "Services").
We also may offer promotions or co-branded offerings; in some circumstances, those data collections will be governed by an additional or different privacy notices.
For California residents, please see the section at the end of this Privacy Notice entitled Important Additional Privacy Information for California Residents which discusses the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collect from California residents, how we use that information, and California residents' rights with respect to the personal information we collect. If any other section in this Privacy Notice can be read to conflict with the California Section, then the California Section controls with respect to California residents.
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including, information that we collect directly from you; from other entities; and automatically when you use our Services. The type of personal information that we collect about you depends on your interaction with us.
- Personal Information that We Collect Directly from You
We collect identifying information, financial information, demographic information, purchase history/customer records, and other personal information as described below when you use our Services or otherwise interact with us. In particular, we collect personal information when you take the following actions:
- Create an Account: You may create an account on certain of our Sites or in our Apps. The type of personal information that we collect from you varies based on our Sites or Apps, but includes, at a minimum, your name and email address. On some Sites or Apps, you also may provide a postal mail address, store marketing preferences, and save recipes.
- Make a Purchase: When you make a purchase from us, we will collect your name, billing and shipping addresses, email, phone number, payment card information, and items purchased. Please also see our discussion below about purchases made through social media.
- Sign Up for Email Marketing: We collect your name and email address if you sign up to request email advertising from us (you also may sign up for email marketing when registering your product with us).
- Posts to our Services or Our Social Media Pages: You may post, or grant us permission to post, your photos, reviews, ideas or other content to our Services, as indicated, and on our social media pages. In some cases, an additional or different privacy notice will govern; we will notify you at or before collection of the applicable privacy notice
- Register a Warranty: Depending on the product and/or the particular Service, you may register a product warranty with us online or through a mobile feature. When you register, we collect personal information about your purchase (product name, where purchased, price), your name and contact information (mailing address, email) and you may have the option of answering survey questions, such as with respect to your income bracket, age, gender, and marital status.
- Contact Customer Service: We collect personal information about you when you contact our customer service department, whether by phone, mail, or email. This includes your name, contact number, and scope of your inquiry. Calls to our call center may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. We do not typically associate these recordings with the personal information we collect about you.
- Participate in Promotions: If you participate in a promotion, then we will collect the personal information that you submit as part of your entry. We may offer promotions in connection with other entities, and, in some cases, our promotions will be governed by additional or different privacy notices; we will notify you at the time of collection if your data will be subject to an additional or different policy.
- Interact at Tradeshows and Events: We collect personal information from you that you choose to provide to us at trade shows and other events (e.g., to our employees or other representatives such as hairstylists). We collect the personal information that you choose to provide to us, which may include, for example, your contact information and information about preferred products.
- Personal Information that we collect from other entities/brands: We may collect personal information about you from our affiliates.
- Your Friends: We may collect personal information about you if your friends purchase a gift or product for you.
- Social Media: If you post on our social media pages, we may collect the information that you post. We also may obtain personal information about you through your social media pages that you have made public if you mention us in a post. Our collection of personal information about you is governed by the social media page and not this policy. You may purchase some of our products through certain social media sites or apps. If you do so, the social media site controls the data that it provides to us, which will include, at a minimum, personal information necessary to provision your order.
- Purchase from Non-Affiliated Providers: We may obtain a list of prospective customers from a non-affiliated source, such as a list purchase, where permitted by applicable law. We also may purchase demographic information from non-affiliated sources.
- Other Merchants: From time to time, we offer in-store or other promotions; if you participate in a promotion, we may obtain your contact information from the store or other merchant.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect personal information about you when you use our Services (usage and technical information). We collect personal information from our service providers and vendors, which may include operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and social media. The type of personal information that we collect varies depending on the settings of your web browser or device, but it may include the pages you view on our Services; the date and time you access our Services; how long you use our Services; the type of web browser you are using (for example, Firefox or Chrome); the type of device you are using (for example, whether you are using a mobile device); and your Internet Protocol address; unique IDs; your location information (collected, e.g., through our third party analytics providers). Our service providers also may track your behavior through links that you click on our Sites and Apps (e.g., if you link to a retailer through our Services, our service providers may evaluate whether you completed a purchase on a non-affiliated site). See the section below titled Cookies and Tracking for more information.
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Transactional Purposes: to provision the requested services and orders; to establish and update your account; and for other transactional purposes.
- Customer service/communications: to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for technical support to answer your inquiries; to provide product updates/recalls and similar purposes.
- Warranty Support: to maintain information about your warranty and to honor the terms of the warranty.
- Marketing/Advertising: for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you, including products offered by our affiliated entities; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. We, and our service providers, also use your information to determine the success of our advertising campaigns, regardless of the marketing and advertising channel.
- Research and development/Analytical purposes: for research and development purposes, including to improve our Services, products, and customer experience; to understand what parts of our Sites and Apps are most popular or to improve upon such Sites and Apps; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance: to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of you, us and others: where we believe it is necessary to protect you, us and others, including, without limitation to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.
- Other uses: that we notify you of or that you may consent to.
We share your personal information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, subsidiary or division.
- Service Providers. We share your information with our service providers or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we share your personal information with service providers who host our Sites and Apps, coordinate mailings, analyze personal information about our customers, assist us in detecting and deterring fraud, security incidents, or other unlawful activity, and for other business purposes as described above in Use of Information.
- Third Party Providers; Ad Tech Vendors. We also permit the collection of personal information about you online through cookies and other tracking tools; please see Cookies and Tracking and Analytics Providers/Advertisers sections below.
- Carefully Selected Partners. If you choose to enter a joint promotion, then we will share your contact information (and other personal information that you provide to us in connection with that promotion) with the other party. The promotions may be subject to an additional or different privacy notice.
- Site and App Users. We may share your personal information with other users of our Sites and Apps. For example, if you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Services, the contents of your post (including any pictures that you post) as well as other personal information, such as your username, may be available publicly to all visitors to our Sites and Apps.
- Analytics Providers/Advertisers. As set forth above, we share personal information with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us in implementing and evaluating relevant advertising. Often the personal information that we share is collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies on our Sites and Apps. We also may disclose certain personal information, which may use it to target advertising to you. See the section entitled Your Choices, Opt-out of Interest Based Advertising below.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets or the assets of one of our corporate relatives are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a sale of a business or a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
You have certain choices regarding the personal information we collect about you. For example, you may:
- Request to Modify Content You Have Posted. You may request to modify content that you have posted to our Sites and Apps by emailing us at email@example.com and specifying the content (such as comments or reviews) that you would like modified or deleted. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content. If this is the case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Even if we are able to deidentify or make your content or information no longer visible, there is no way to ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content from the Internet because third parties may have archives of Conair web pages or the information may have already been forwarded to others. We therefore cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy.
- Opt Out of Promotional Email Communications. You may opt out of promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and explaining the email that you would like to unsubscribe from. Please also note that if you have previously added your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact that third party (or use an opt-out link provided in an email communication from that client or partner) to request removal from that mailing list as well.
- Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. We use third party providers to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our Services or elsewhere ("Interest-Based Ads"). Any tracking done by third parties ad partners through cookies and other mechanisms are subject to those parties own privacy policies. You may manage Google cookies by clicking on: www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en.
- You also may opt out of receiving Interest-Based Ads from many third-party ad networks, such as those provided by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding Interest-Based Ads by NAI members and DAA members, including how to opt out of Interest-Based Ads provided by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: optout.networkadvertising.org and optout.aboutads.info. You must opt out on each browser and on each device.
- Please note that opting out of participating ad networks does not mean that you will not see advertisements at all, and you will continue to receive advertisements on other websites and from companies that do not participate in the above programs. Even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and recent, previous searches related to your current search. Certain of our Sites and Apps also may use Facebook advertising, including Facebook Custom Audience. As set forth above and in the Cookies and Tracking section below, we may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go to https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217) so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on third parties' websites or media ("Custom Audiences"). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described in this paragraph. If you are a California resident, please see Important Additional Privacy Information for California Residents for additional information about how to opt-out of ads delivered on mobile devices.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you communications about your account or any products or services you have purchased from us and we will still respond to your inquiries and requests for information.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, or action tags, among other names), in connection with our Services to perform functions like tracking the activities of visitors to our Services, helping us manage content, and compiling statistics about usage of our Services. We or our third party providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Embedded Scripts. We may use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
Our Services contain links to non-Conair websites and applications. Any access to and use of such non-Conair websites and applications are not governed by this Privacy Notice. Instead, your use of non-Conair websites or applications is governed by the privacy policies of those websites or applications. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Our Services are intended to be used by customers located in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect about you, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection and privacy laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located. U.S. governmental agencies, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access or obtain your personal information (for example, in response to a court order).
By using our Services, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information, including personal information, in the United States.
Our Services are for general audiences and are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13), and we will delete any personal information collected that we later know to be from a customer under the age of thirteen (13). If you believe a child under the age of thirteen (13) has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and specify the customer and information you believe to be from the child under thirteen (13).
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information we have collected about you, and your use of our Services indicates that you understand and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong, unique password for each account that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will go into effect when posted. If revisions to this Privacy Notice materially affect how we use personal information that we collected from you prior to the date of the revised Privacy Notice, we will obtain your consent for any new uses or sharing of your personal information. We will post any updated Privacy Notice to our Sites and Apps.
This subsection provides California residents (“California customers” or “you”) with additional information regarding our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as well as your privacy rights, under California privacy laws.
The information in this California Privacy Notice is intended to provide an overall description of how we process California consumer’s Personal Information. We may provide you additional notices about our data practices, and we encourage you to carefully read this California Privacy Notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide to you.
This California Privacy Notice applies to Personal Information whether collected online or offline. In this California Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (subject to certain exemptions under CCPA).
This section does not address or apply to information or practices that are not subject to the CCPA, such as:
- Publicly Available Information. Information that is lawfully made available from government records, information we have a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by you or by widely distributed media, or by a person to whom you have disclosed the information and not restricted it to a specific audience.
- Deidentified Information. Information that is deidentified in accordance with applicable laws.
- Aggregated Information. Information that relates to a group from which individual identities have been removed.
- Certain Health Information. Information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act.
- Activities Covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This includes information we receive from consumer reporting agencies that are subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (e.g., information contained in background or credit check reports we obtain as part of our vetting process).
This Privacy Notice also does not apply to the Personal Information we collect from our contractors, job applicants, or our employees, which are subject to different notices.
Where Conair has committed to maintaining and using Personal Information in a deidentified form, Conair agrees not to reidentify deidentified data except as permitted by applicable law.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
While our processing of Personal Information varies based upon our relationship and interactions with you, the table below identifies, generally, the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about California residents in the prior twelve (12) months, as well as the categories of third parties to whom we may disclose this Personal Information for a business or commercial purpose. For more information about the business and commercial purposes, for which we may disclose your Personal Information, please see the “Sharing of Information” section above and the Purposes for Collecting, Using, Disclosing, and Processing Personal Information below.
Third Party Disclosures for Business or Commercial Purposes
Includes name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or similar information
Also includes identifiers such as Social Security number, passport number and drivers’ license or state identification card number.
Categories of Personal Information Described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
Includes records containing Personal Information, such as name, photographs (if you choose to post on our Sites or Apps), product reviews, address, telephone number, credit card number or debit card number.
Includes products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
Includes information regarding your use of our browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interaction with our Sites, Apps, or advertisements, including access logs and other activity information related to the use of our Services.
Includes location information about a particular individual or device, which we collect through our analytics provides and with your consent as described above.
Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, or Similar Information
Includes audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as, photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us) and call recordings (e.g., of customer support calls).
Characteristics of Protected Classifications
Includes characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal laws such as date of birth and gender.
Profiles and Inferences
Includes inferences drawn from other Personal Information that we collect to create a profile reflecting an individual’s preferences and purchase tendencies.
Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
Additionally, the CCPA defines "sale" as disclosing or making available to a third-party Personal Information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” includes disclosing or making available Personal Information to a third party for purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising. While we do not disclose Personal Information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may disclose the following categories of Personal Information: identifiers, profiles and inferences, and internet or other electric network activity information to third-party advertising networks, analytics providers, and social networks for purposes of marketing and advertising. We do not sell or share Sensitive Personal Information, nor do we sell or share any Personal Information about individuals who we know are under sixteen (16) years old.
Sources of Personal Information
As further described in the “Information We Collect About You,” section above, we collect Personal Information from the following sources: directly from you; advertising networks; data analytics providers; social networks; internet service providers; operating systems and platforms; your friends; affiliated entities; partners (e.g., if we offer a joint promotion); and government entities.
We retain the Personal Information we collect only as reasonably necessary for the purposes described above or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection. For example, we will retain your profile and account data for as long as you have an active account with us, transactional data for as long as necessary to comply with our tax, accounting and recordkeeping obligations, administer applicable returns and warranty programs, and for research, development and safety purposes, as well as an additional period of time as necessary to protect, defend or establish our rights, defend against potential claims, or comply with legal obligations.
Purposes for Collecting, Using, Disclosing, and Processing Personal Information
As more fully described in the “Use of Information” section above, we collect, use, and otherwise process the above categories of Personal Information to provide our Services to you, respond to and fulfill your orders and requests, as otherwise directed or consented to by you, and for the following business and commercial purposes: Transactional purposes, Customer service and communications, Warranty support, Marketing and advertising, General business and operational support, Research and development or analytical purposes, Legal compliance and Protection of us and others.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not use or disclose of Sensitive Personal Information beyond the purposes authorized by the CCPA. Accordingly, we use and disclose Sensitive Personal Information as reasonably necessary (i) to perform our services requested by you, (ii) to help ensure security and integrity, including to prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents, (iii) to detect, prevent and respond to malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal conduct, (iv) to verify or maintain the quality and safety of our services, (v) for compliance with our legal obligations, (vi) to our service providers who perform services on our behalf, and (vii) for purposes other than inferring characteristics about you.
California Resident Rights
The CCPA provides you with certain rights regarding your Personal Information. This section describes those rights and how to exercise them. Please note that these rights are subject to certain conditions and exceptions.
Right to Know/Request Access. With respect to the Personal Information we have collected about you in the prior twelve (12) months, you have the right to know:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected.
Right to Delete. Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you have the right to request we delete your Personal Information.
Right to Correct. Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales and Sharing. You have the right to opt-out of “sales” and “sharing” of your Personal Information, as those terms are defined under the CCPA, including using an opt-out preference signal. While we do not “sell” Personal Information in the traditional sense (i.e., for money), our use of third-party analytics and advertising cookies may be considered “selling” and “sharing” under CCPA.
To exercise your right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information, please click here or use the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link at the bottom of our website.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
Authorized Agents. You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization in their first communication with us and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your CCPA rights, you may do so by:
- Calling us at 1-833-266-2479 (toll free)
- Completing an online request form: Request my Information or Delete my Information
Verification. Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using the Personal Information you recently provided to us. You must provide us with: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, ZIP Code, and Email. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your identity, or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in Section 14, Contact Us.
Other State Privacy Rights
Residents of certain U.S. states (including Virginia) may have additional rights under applicable privacy laws, subject to certain limitations and exceptions. These rights may include:
- Right to Access/Know. To confirm whether we are processing your personal data and to access such personal data and obtain a copy of the personal data in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
- Right to Correct. To correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Right to Delete. To delete personal data provided to or obtained about you.
- Rights to Opt-Out. To opt out of certain types of processing, including:
- if applicable, to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
- to opt out of our use of their personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.
- If applicable, to opt out of our processing of personal information for purposes of making decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to Appeal. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: Conair LLC
Attention: Privacy Team
1 Cummings Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902